Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to uninstall SmartSDR CAT?

Tom--W4FAS
Tom--W4FAS Member ✭✭
I have already responded to this post. The only thing that may be different in my case, was that I was installing on a computer that had never had a flex program installed before. Hence the correct uninstallation of CAT could not be a factor. I have enjoyed my Flex 6500 for almost two years now. You have a great product supported by a great team and your efforts are appreciated. Tom

Comments

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I've also seen the message "FlexRadio Systems FlexVSP driver need to be installed" with a re-install.

I believe for re-installs, Flex (Tim??) is saying don't remove first, but just install new releases on top, whick of course I've ignored.  :)  I've always done a complete removal, and I choose to remove the dax drivers too. It requires a re-boot, and then a separate removel of the VSP drivers to get to a "clean state", which is what you have.

Then on several ocassions, I've watched the new clean install process and notice the VSP tries to install, but doesn't make it.  You can fire up the radio, but you'll get the message that it need the VSP driver.

The solution, I've found everytime, is to boot the computer again, the re-install the system again, right on top, and this time the VSP driver get properly installed.

Brent W8XG

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Tom,

My post was converted by Tim to a support HelpDesk ticket and I have already received an answer from Flex team. Brilliant!

I will try in a couple of hours to apply with confidence the procedure sent.

Thanks to everybody for answers I received since my first post.

My Flex 6500 is a great and fantastic product, even I am « slightly » disturbed by Windows issues (coming from Macintosh world and will support forever people working on this platform).

73 Jean-Luc

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Here is what I am saying.  Unless we tell you specifically that uninstalling the FlexVSP driver is necessary or required, you should never uninstall it.  If the installer detects that the driver is installed, it will not attempt to reinstall it.
  • Tom--W4FAS
    Tom--W4FAS Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hi Tim, My problem is I installed ssdr v1.5 on a computer that had never had a previous version of ssdr installed. The ssdr v1.5 I installed works fine EXCEPT it has no CAT or DAX capability. I reinstalled it several times with the same result. I submitted a help desk request yesterday. At least I thought I did. There is probably a good chance I somehow **** up and when I pushed the submit button the request just vanished. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Tom
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There are software packages installed on PCs that will prevent our driver installers from running.  Internet security suites are famous for this and some do it silently which causes issues.  If you are still having issues, open a HelpDesk ticket and we'll be happy to help. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.