Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to Sync a Flex6xxx VFO to an Icom/Kenwood/Elecraft Radio VFO Tuning Same ... Any Software/Box o

Michael Aust
Michael Aust Member ✭✭
How to Sync a VFO Flex6xxx to an Icom/Kenwood/Elecraft Radio VFO Tuning Same Frequency ... Any Software/Box out there that does this ?

Want the Flex to be the Master Radio and the other rig VFO to follow the Flex

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Michael

I'm pretty sure you can do this with HRD V5 (and may V6).  I remember testing this years ago when I had a TS480 on my remote base and my Flex 3000 locally.   

Mike va3mw

• Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Found this, wondering if this would work ? A Non-PC solution - Remoteqth.com

https://remoteqth.com/arduino-band-decoder.php

Not sure if Flex6xxx talks same protocols as Kenwood, etc ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xMEbW8z28

Mikeimage

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I own some RemoteQTH stuff (more than I need).  It works.  Don't forget, your 6000 series radio has a built in BCD as well.

• Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Does BCD from th Flex send more than just Band Data, does it include Frequency Data.

Think the RemoteQth Band Decoder can take BCD input ( not sure if it's same as Kenwood's BCD data - anyone know answer ? and drive the other radio, Icom or 
    possibly the Icom drive the Flex6xxx radio. 

Depends which is Master and which radio is **** since think it is not bi-directional 
    ( A seen in Youtube  Video )
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Similar to zero-beating "syncing" a Viking II to an HQ-170?
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes.  All 6000 radios can stream, Kenwood, CI-V, Yaesu or BCD ... at the same time.  :)  
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/

Very very flexible  

• Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'll second the DX Lab Suite Commander software. My Yaesu FTDX-1200 tracks my 6500 via the software.

73 - Gary W4EEY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I think you may be able to use DDUtil for that. I used to use another utility to sync my 1500 to my 6500 about two or three years ago, but I cannot remember what I used. It allowed me either to make the 1500 follow the 6500, the 6500 follow the 1500, or both follow each other, depending upon which boxes were clicked. It was really slick.
  • K4ELO
    K4ELO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Michael - I have written a program that does exactly what you need.  I emailed you download instructions.

73, Wayne
    K4ELO
  • HAM BUY
    HAM BUY Member
    edited April 2019
    need sync N1MM+ and FLEX 6500 and KENWOOD TS-2000

This is posible?

73s EC5AN
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2018
    Yes. TS2000 on one hardware serial port for radio 1 and the 6500 set up as Radio 2. Make sure you do an SO2R setup.
  • HAM BUY
    HAM BUY Member
    edited October 2018
    no so2r setup.

online airspy hf+ cat calico is kenwood ts-2000 and flex 6500

Thaks Michael.

my setup interested is sync N1MM+ and FLEX 6500 and KENWOOD TS-2000
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure what you are trying to do.  Is it to have a 6500 track the VFO on a TS2000 so they stay in sync using N1MM?

If that is correct, can I ask why and I don't think you can, but you can ask that in the N1MM+ users group.

If you wish to us both the TS2000 and the 6500 while connected to N1MM for a contest, then you need to so an SO2R setup.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Thanks

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Keeping 2 radios in sync is not something N1MM does. I know that DXLax has that exact feature. May not be as convenient in a contest, but that would be doable. Any KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.