Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how to set the setting "Raw I/Q mode enabled " on 6400 and smtsdr 2.6.0

Andy
Andy Member
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
when i read the SmartSDR for Windows Software User’s Guide 2.6.0;
it shows that "Persistence remembers many settings as shown in the following table: "
one item that "Raw I/Q mode enabled "
can some experts help me how to set it. thanks a lotimageimage 

Answers

• Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited September 2019
    1) Enable DAX IQ in SmartSDR

2) Enable the IQ stream in the DAX application

73, Andreas, N6NU

• Andy
    Andy Member
    edited December 2019
    many thanks. another question please,after i set the Raw I/Q mode enabled = 1;if i send a command "tx" to the radio; the IQ stream will go to DAX reserved IQ or DAX Audio TX.

like the pic below
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The IQ stream does not go TO the radio - it is always FROM the radio. There is no transmit from IQ streams. Further to the above, the “Reserved” stream is private to DAX for talking to the radio via the Ethernet connection. Conceptually, the Reserved” portion of the sound device interfaces with the Flex, the sound device _without_ the Reserved label interfaces with your (digital) application.
  • Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited September 2019
    Andy,

"DAX Audio TX" is the only DAX device that goes to the Transmitter.

At this point I think we should ask how you are going to use DAX.

For WSJT-X you would use "DAX Audio TX" for transmit and one of the "DX Audio RX" streams and not the IQ streams.

However, you may use it for a skimmer with IQ.

73, Andreas, N6NU
  • Andy
    Andy Member
    edited September 2019
    thank u ted, i agree with u view, all the 'streams' that go to the radio for transmission will go to the "dax audio tx", NOT the reserved channel.
    I will check whether dax audio tx can handle IQ streams. 
    I pretend to report it after i get the result.
  • Andy
    Andy Member
    edited September 2019
    thank u very much. yes, i will check CW Skimmer.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Andy, the only thing DAX Tx can carry to the radio is audio (including of course digital audio signals). The IQ signal from the radio is one-way only, from the radio to a computer program that can decode and display or process information carried in it (whether that be phone, digital, or CW signals).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.