Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to see second SmartSDR user which band he is using?

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi All
we are two of us using SmartSDR v3.1.7 with our Flexradio 6500 installed at our remote DX-Location in the Swiss Alps www.hb9ryz.ch. We are using currently SmartSDR 3.1.7 and it works perfect for both of us at the same time. I can do SSB QSOs and my colleague is doing FT8.

How can I see on which band my colleague is working? I only see, that he is connected and online.

Best 73 de HB9RYZ, Wolfgang

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    frstack will show all slices
    http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    >> I can do SSB QSOs and my colleague is doing FT8

each SSB QSO in less then 15 sec ? How you do this timing like FT8?

73 Chris
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    There is a scheduling issue with MultiFlex.  A user running FT8 or CW is not likely to want his transmission interrupted while in a QSO.  Each CW code element (in full break-in) could be a separate transmission.  We need some kind of reservation system that matches the operating style in use.  The MF system now only works well if at least one or preferably both users are mostly listening.  I'm no contester, but MF seems to favor "bursty" operations, like little-pistol contesting. Or one active op plus one SWL.

73 Martin AA6E
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    As the Multi Flex feature is new, Flex will be building on it in the future with many things we need.
    But at the moment there are large contest stations using Multi Flex now with great results. For some of them where the operators are not in the same area, they connect with skype so they can see what the other operator is doing, such as when they are finished with the PTT. when people are using the same radio in the same room this makes it much easier.
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi David
    Thanks for the tip :-) Its great to see now where my colleague is.
    It would be great to see the same information as default on the taskbar of SmartSDR.

73 Wolfgang
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi All
    Thank your very much for your anwsers.

frstack will show all slices and see now all connections, just great :-)
    http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

We are just two of us with our remote DX-Station in the Swiss alps and having no problem by sharing the Flex 6500 at the same time. My colleague is listening on FT8 while I'm doing some short SSB contacts or also FT8 QSOs. But now we are able to see in details what we are doing on which band.

Best regards and happy new year 2020
    73 de HB9RYZ
    Wolfgang
    www.hb9ryz.ch

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.