Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to save display settings in v2.3.9

WB9IXS
WB9IXS Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I installed SmartSDR v2.3.9 last week and has most areas under control, except ... the display setting. The display FILL is too high for my liking. I can lower it but I can't seem to save it. I have done the obvious saving my profiles after making the change but on startup the FILL is not saved.
How do you save these types of changes
Thanks
Jim

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim did you do a cold restart after your update?
    there is really nothing to save..it should save with persistance.

And you can try saving your display settings in Globle Profiles.
    that profile saves display settings.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I am not sure if the radio had a cold restart immediately after the update but I can tell you that since then there have been many cold restarts. I always disconnect the power [12v] from the radio after it completes it's shutdown. I assume a cold restart is described as disconnecting power after shutdown. If not please explain a cold restart.

I did save the global profile just as soon as i made the change to the display. Where are the profiles saved? Maybe I need to **** them away and save them again?

Thanks for you help Bill
    Jim
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    In SSDR when you chose export it will show you were they are saved and you can sellect the folder.
    it sounds like a persistance problem as well,,what you may do is do a factory reset and that will wipe out all data so you can start clean. then import the profiles back.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Before I do a factory reset is there anything else I need to save except my profiles? Will the latest and greatest operating system V2.3.9 stay in there?

Jim

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    yes nothing changes,,profiles will bring every setting back as you made them
  • Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    But it won't load a saved profile other than default unless you go into profiles and load it, right? 

Since profiles are stored on the radio and not the computer, I have a profile I call N2LC iPad and one called N2LC Shack, so that I can load the one for which platform I'm using.   

Tweak something on iPad, save it, not mess up the other profile.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Lee,
    Are you having the same issue I have? No matter what I do in the display settings and save them to my profile they never save? I am now running v2.4.9 and no change. The issue with the display settings I think happened after I switched to v2.xx

Jim

• Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jim,

I just checked, and what I see is that the Fill, and maybe other display settings, stays where I set it regardless of what global profile I load or if I restart SSDR.

So it isn't saving, but it isn't changing either, unless I change it.    v2.4.9

Lee
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Very interesting...
    That does not work for me. Mine starts at 70, for the fill setting. No mater what I do that is where It starts. However, the Maestro does not start there it starts on the low end.  Maybe there is a preset somewhere That I haven't found yet. 

Thanks for the response
    Jim

• WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Problem solved..
    I sent a message to the help desk and in one day I got a response from Eric, KE5DTO. Eric felt that there was something wrong with the persistence settings and suggested I reset them. It was very simple. I am running windows 7pro here. So I went to the Start tab and in the search box I entered %appdata% [enter] This took me directly to the AppData Roaming subfolder. Then I opened the FlexRadio Systems folder and saved the SSDR.settings file to the desktop. Next I deleted the SSDR.setting file from the FlexRadio systems folder. I closed all the Flex applications and restarted the  SmartSDR and like magic my display settings were right where I left them. A new SSDR.setting file has been created automatically. 

I want to say again thank you to the Flex support team and Eric.... you guys are the best.

Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.