Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to purchase smartsdr 2.x

N7BCP
N7BCP Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My forum search is not finding what I want. I live in Switzerland and want to purchase SmartSDR 2.0 for my 6500 but when I visit the “buy” page on the Flex radio site I don’t see an option for SmartSDR. Possibly because I’m not in the US? I also recall needing a unique number related to my radio, is this the S/N number I’ll need to activate SmartSDR 2.0? I have a US credit card and address, is this a better option for the purchase? 73 Larry HB9EYQ

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Download & install V2 software. You will see a "Buy" button during the first run.

See: http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v2-0-19_release_notes-pdf/
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Just as a side note - it is likely that you will be charged VAT in Europe. This is a legal requirement that Flex cannot get around. I'm only mentioning it so it doesn't become a surprise for anyone. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Not that I am recommending tax avoidance, but if you use your USA Credit Card and USA Address I suspect that the software billing program will not add VAT
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thank you all, the release notes covered it nicely.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Right, but in some states you will be charged sales tax because of state laws requiring sales tax to be collected for software downloads.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.