Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to operate CW keying only via CAT.

EA4AK
EA4AK Member
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi all...It looks like there is no way to diretly do CW keying via CAT (6700 / PC with windows 8.1).

I have red the related conversations here... 
... but I would still like to ask the community to see if someone found a straighforward way to do it... directly or by means of any other piece of software.

I use N1MM+, HDR and DXLAB. 

Thanks in advance.

Santos, EA4AK
ea4ak.santos@gmail.com

Answers

• Don-KB6TSQ
    Don-KB6TSQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Santos,

I use N1MM+ and can key via this program on my 6500.  I connect via com4 and have the COM5-15 ports as follows: ptt dtr/rts

I hope this helps
    Don

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Santos, I tried that and found that using the ZLP cw keyer with HRD DM780 and the 6500 on cw is the best way to get clear cw tones and qsk. http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/ 73, Alex DH2ID
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited July 2017
    In my case I use the CWX function of the 6500, reports of nice clean cw. I then log using DM780/logger. At present DM780 has a minor problem with Add Log Entry which is being addressed for update, but a little manual input within the dm780 logger and its fine, not fast but ok.

If things really get hot and heavy then I use CW skimmer decoder as I cannot copy 30 wpm, but the con of that is the expense of cw skimmer.

Be advised that if you do try CWX, any hot-keys you set up (F1-F12) at this time the text will be sent twice. Flex advises that is being addressed for the next update.

My goal is N1mm+ but so far its set up eludes me, even with the tons of help available.

73 - Chuck W9NWR

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    HI Chuck,
    I believe the "sent twice" bug in CWX only applies if you are in "LIVE" mode.  It works fine for me when live mode is off.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Al,
    I will tuck that in my hat band and try it out. So far 100% of my cw has been in live mode, but I certainly appreciate the note and will give it a go.
    73 Chuck
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks to all. CWX works great. Now I wonder how to set up N1MM.

Don:
    Could you please send me a bit more detailed description of how you have your COM5/15 ports configured?
    I assume this is a port pair created as a new PTT port, right?
    Then, ... How is your precise configuration of port 5 in you N1MM+??
    I have done the same, tried several configuration alternatives, but with no success.
    :(
    Thanks.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited November 2016
    Your right Al, macros work ok in SEND. Between that and Live will get it done until update. Tnx.

Don,
    I echo Santos' request.
    Tnx Chuck

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Santos, 

try it like described here: How to: Setup N1MM+ for keying the Flex 6X00 via CWX

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    done Tom, thanks !
    :)
    Santos, EA4AK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.