Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to modify your FlexRadio 6700 for a Boat Anchor

2»

Comments

• N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am serious, the crushing is more dramatic and the boat anchor shows that I am finished with Flex. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    HiHave you received any of the emails that we have sent you in the last 7 days?Mike
  • N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    WRONG WRONG WRONG on so many levels. Firstly I uninstalled v2 in preparation for the v3.  Another Flex "Official Rep" in essence called me ****.  On one weekend I had two network engineers who speaks that language work for several hours to get connected,  Flex did send me a WiFi module but it didn't help. "100% at our cost" - what garbage - my time, network engineer's goodwill, and numerous things that I purchased to try to get it to work including a Wifi Module, switch, new cables, cable tester, etc. Then last weekend Dan Quigley worked with one of my friends who is a network engineer and after 3 hours they gave up and admitted that wifi connection would not work. 
    Now since my router is about 150' from my coach I have learned how to put ends on Cat 6 cables (that was fun) and another 2 hours spend trying to find the instructions for upgrading. 
    For the "Official Rep" to state "In order for the radio to finish its V3 licensing, it only requires a brief connection to the internet:
    I recommend anyone interested in a 6700 to go out and buy five Icom 7300s.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm surprised all these smart engineers didn't suggest to setup a point to point from your wifi router to your coach. If you got internet in your house there is no reason why you can't have it 150' or 3 miles from your house. A simple P2P will do it, we do it all the time to get internet from houses to out buildings, garages etc. Far cheaper than putting cable in conduit and burying it.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Van,

As an owner of a 6700 and having gone thru **** getting it repaired I can certainly sympathize with your frustration.

You pay top dollar for a high end rig and expect it to perform as advertised. In my case I had to send the radio in for frequency stability issues. During that time I had voice mails ignored, written requests for updates ignored, repeated promised completion times unfulfilled and numerous misdiagnosis of the problems. 

Flex then said I had a serious spur problem that I didn't even know existed and no one on the air commented or complained about.

The service people could not find the source of the spurs. It got so bad that the man who designed the rig, Gerald, could not even determine the source of the spur problem and ended up replacing the entire transceiver board as a last resort. 

Imagine, the people that designed and work on these radios all day could not find out what was wrong with it.

I've worked in systems design for over 35 years and if any of my workers wrote software that they could not debug I would have fired them on the spot.

Good luck with your rig.

Now cue the ever present Guardians Of The Royal Order Of Flex.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Van, as owner of a 6700 I have not gone through any **** using my radio, or setting it up, upgrading software etc. it is what it is. Your problem is not the radio, your problem as you described it is getting internet to work in your coach so the radio can get a simple software update. Flexradios do not include wifi so it seems your problem is your own network not the radio and in your frustration you are taking it out on the radio, and as usual Pat jumps in with his 2 cents that adds nothing positive to help you but fuel the flames. How many more times are you going to attempt to blame Flexradio when you and everyone else knows the problem they found could and probably was operator fault. But if it makes you feel better I guess because you continue to do it again and again. Just don't be surprised to get a response from your negative propaganda.

Back to helping Van, I guess I should have asked you first Van, did anyone try to setup a Point to Point? This isn't rocket science and this would be the first step. Then once that is done, bypassing all your hotspots, connect to the Flexradio to get what you need done, then worry about interfacing to your hotspots.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ubiquiti-LocoM5-Complete-Pre-Configured-Nanostation/dp/B06XKPCGH8/ref=sr_1_3?c...

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    " How many more times are you going to attempt to blame Flexradio when you and everyone else knows the problem they found could and probably was operator fault."

I think if you ask Gerald he will tell you that the frequency stability problem was caused by a failed XO and the spur problem was also hardware related.

Bottom line: You were not involved so you are talking about something you know nothing about.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Bottom line Pat is in your numerous posts you have said many things, so my information is based on what information  you supplied. You involved the community with your continuous negative posts on the subject. You choose to go public and continue to try to sour Flexradio, you choose to do that.  I for one think Flexradio has treated you more than fairly, which I won't get into again. So again, don't be surprised to get a response.  
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Well, when my voice mails were ignored and written requests unanswered by FRS the most effective way to get action was to go public.  Worked like a charm.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Please crush it and move on so we don’t have to see this any longer...
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    No it didn’t, your still complaining it’s not working right..
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    I am going to close this thread and if any one would like to discuss it further you can call myself at x222 or Dan at x225. If you can’t get us directly, please leave a message. We return all calls. Mike
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    So, if you are truly done with Flex, please leave the community also.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.