Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to make shared port and OMNIRIG

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, I make update to new release but I don't understand to set a Shared Portfor a DDUTIL use, a OMNIRIG not work properly now on all slice why?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am afraid that Shared ports are no longer supported by SmartSDR CAT. A third-party virtual serial port software package that supports a null modem connection will be required for use with DDUtil. 
  • SV1JSO
    SV1JSO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Could you please explain us why you decide to remove useful functionality from smart cat? I really don't understand how this is a step forward.
    The same is true for s-meter. It was too difficult to keep the 0 after the command?
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    OmniRig is not receiving data form CAT 1.6, although CAT displays OmniRig in the CAT COM port process.
    This was working before with the older versions.

OmniRig setting :
    Rig type: TS-480
    Port: COM6
    Baud rate: 9600, 8, N, 1
    RTS: Hadshake
    DTR: High
    Poll Int.ms: 500
    Timeout ms: 4000

OminRig is used by Log4OM.

What am I doing wrong here ?

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Not sure this is make sence Rig type: TS-480 (in any way should be TS2000 ), however not clear the reason of: RTS: Hadshake , effect can be on the OMNIRIG SW, set it High too, or both RTS and DTR set to Low
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Sergy,

Now it is working back to normal with TS-2000.

It seems that TS-480 is not the same as TS-2000!

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Use the SmartSDR.ini for OmniRig
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The virtual com port functionality provided by FlexRadio Systems is based on a single ended com port pair where one ended is always interfaced the the SmartSDR CAT application.  

Since shared or independent double ended virtual com port pairs are ones where one end does not connect directly to the SmartSDR CAT application, they no longer belong into the new SmartSDR CAT architecture.  Therefore they were not carried forward with the new SmartSDR CAT application.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim,

The SmartSDR.ini was missing  in the OmniRigRigs directory, I found one and added the same and it works, however I don't know if it is up to date!

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Some of the OmniRig functions may not work properly with the new CAT.  I am starting to test it now.  If you find something that does not work properly, please let me know ASAP.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I use OmniRig for updating Log4OM, I have noticed SSB, CW, AM and FM modes are updated accordingly when changed from SSDR,  only RTTY is not updated, the rest of the Flex modes are not supported by Log4OM.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    OmniRig does not have a RTTY mode.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Tim, many tnx for your support but I think you have to insert the possibility of a free COM CAT independent of SLICE , then it follows the CAT based on SLICE which is on the TX so Omnirig works well , otherwise it will only work with the SLICE which was awarded in setup smartcat this is what you should do with much urgency .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.