How to make amp follow active slice

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I use FRStack and DDUtil to control my Tokyo Hy-Power amp in Kenwood mode.  Using one slice on my 6300 everything works fine.  Just tried using two slices and the amp does not follow active TX slice changes.  

DDUtil is configured for RCP1 CAT Port on COM7 but only follows Slice A regardless of which slice is TX and Active.  I can't find other settings to make it track the TX Active slice ... there must be some way to do this.  
Photo of Dick B

Dick B

• 115 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mark Thomas

Mark Thomas

• 52 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I can't speak to DDUtil, but with my 6700 connected directly via USB and an FTDI serial cable to the THP amp, the amp follows the TX slice automatically with no problems. My suggestion is to take advantage of the Flex direct USB support and connect the amp directly to the Flex. It is simple and reliable, which is exactly what one wants for an amp band select connection. -Mark KC3DRE
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 251 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
My THP is the HL1.5KFX and the flex 6500.
I have a null modem adapter on the amp RS232 and the ftdi attached to to the null modem.  The direct connect to the radio USB works seamlessly.  You do need to be running SSDR version 1.19.16.  This is much easier to deal with than DDUtil.
Gene K3GC
Photo of Pete - W6OP

Pete - W6OP

• 38 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I do the same as Mark and Gene. Works great.

Pete W6OP
Photo of Dick B

Dick B

• 115 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Official Response
Got it!  Rather than waiting for some responses about using DDUtil I went ahead and upgraded to 1.10.16 and connected to the USB port - works fine!  

I still have to keep DDUtil because I share all of the other equipment (tuner, coax switch) with an Icom radio and DDUtil does the protocol translation for them, but nice to have the amp switch on TX Active slice changes now.  

Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.