Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to load HRD FT8 QSO's

2»

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I had the same problem with MSK144 contacts on 6 meters.

My main logger - N3FJP's ACLog imported them via .adif just fine, but LOTW wouldn't recognize them.  SO I just decided to leave my WSJT-X contacts for MSKS144 and FT8 in the WSJT-X log until LOTW catches up with both of those modes, then update all at one time.

Ken - NM9P
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited July 2017
    Check the note on the LOTW sign in screen..MSKS-144 is now supported in LOTW
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    great!  thanks.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Richard 

I just checked ADIF status for the FT8 submode.
    It's been proposed. image
    http://adif.org.uk/proposed/306/ADIF_306_annotated.htm#Submode_Enumeration 

When the ADIF adds it to the official ADIF protocol, it should work like any other submode with both TQSL and eQSL.

eQSL's stated policy is that they only work with the official released versions from ADIF.
    http://www.adif.org/

73 Jay / NO5J

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I ended up mapping the QSOs to DATA mode. For now... I'll re-upload them as FT8 when it is added to the ADIF spec.

Ria
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jay,

Glad you did your Homework.  Some back door or very fast work over the weekend proved successful.  I just got up this AM and some of the first things I do is Download my LOTW Files and my eQSL Confirmations....  WOW...  eQSL must have been up late or early because FT8 is now a recognized or approved Mode.  Any and all Contacts that are members of eQSL and have downloaded their contacts, have arrived safe and sound.  Of course since I could not download them successfully all arrived as "Defects" but a simple upload of all my FT8 Contacts solved that. 

So let's have some Digital Funon the best Ham Equipment on the market......

Regards,
    Richard "****" Griest - N4RWG
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    See above comments to Paul... eQSL now recognizes FT8.  Simply now Upload your FT8 Contacts to eQSL and the system does the rest.  Obviously if you use an award tracking type Logging Program you will also have to download from eQSL to see your credits.

Have fun....

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Here is an HRD response: 
    FT8 Is not an official ADIF Mode at this time.
    At HRD we follow the Original ADIF listings.
    Nothing we can do until the mode is added,
    Ferry PD9FER
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    FWIW I was able to drop my FT8 log as an imported adif to N1MM+ as a separate log from the others and it went just fine, as near as I could tell. Will try similar to eqsl later today if I get to it.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Jim...  Uploading and Downloading to and from eQSL seems to be working as of this AM.  I do it from HRD and My Upload went fine whereas before I got a bunch of failure notices.  I then Downloaded from eQSL and any and all contacts that use eQSL came down and populated my HRD Log.  Between LOTW and eQSL they have or had the same stance.   Looks like there may be some activity in the Documentation Area....  Maybe we will see something soon.

Regards,
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Actually I added FT8 mode in HRD 6.4. Uploads to eQSL work fine now that eQSL added FT8. LoTW support can't be far behind as this mode has really gained popularity. Dave wo2x
  • Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    on HRD Logbook go to Program Options > Modes and ADD FT8. I have no idea what the ADIF designation for this mode is. LoTW does not yet recognize this mode. emailed ARRL/LoTW about it and they said they are working on a new release of TQSL which should be out in a couple of weeks.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    HRD and FT8 QSO logging issue has been resolved as of several months back. 

Tim, Please delete this second reposting. Since this is a duplicate of the original from the passed 3 or 4 months. You will not hurt my feelings for doing it. Thanks 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.