Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to integrate both a Palstar AT-Autotuner and an SPE Expert 1.3K amplifier without internal tuner

Options
Bob  KN4HH
Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
I have seen many posts for either the tuner or amp integration.  However I just received a Palstar AT-Autotuner and My SPE Expert 1.3K will be delivered on Tuesday and I would like to integrate both units with my 6500.  I ordered my amp without the internal tuner.  I would appreciate instructions on how to integrate both units.  I realize that when SSDR 1.10 is released, the process will be easier.  For now I would appreciate instructions using DDUtil.

Thanks, Bob, KN4HH

Answers

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Capt Bob

Most guys use DDutil to interface the SPE amp and the Flex 6xxxx. The Palstar AT auto can be run in DDutil as well.

Ddutil will allow a frequency or band change on the Flex to be seen by the Amp. The Tuner will tune when you send a RF signal to it. Best practice is to send a low wattage Tune signal to it.

If your antenna is resonate you might just use the Flex built in tuner and not need the AT Tuner sometimes I run this way depending on my Antenna.

Best of Luck
    Capt.

Ian
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks so much, Ian.  I have the Palstar tracking with the Flex via DDUtil just for grins.  It does a good job of recalling saved tuning settings and even in-band QSY's.  My antenna is not resonant on all bands so that is why I am using an external tuner  (the Expert tuner only has  3:1 range).  With an external tuner, I wasn't sure if there was any benefit to integrating the amp.

Thanks again, Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.