Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to hook up Tentec Centurion Linear to Flex 6300

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone hooked up a Tentec Centurion Linear to a Flex 6300?  I was planning on using connecting pin 11 (Accessory Tx) of the accessory port to the Centurion's KEY IN and the Centurion's KEY OUT to pin 13 (Tx Req), but I just found a recent post that this keying loop doesn't work with CW in SSDR 1.3.8. QSK CW is the main reason for using a keying loop, so that the amp is not being hot switched.

Questions: Are the levels on the accessory pins 11 and 13 compatible with the KEY IN and KEY OUT jacks on the Centurion?

How can I keep from hot switching my amp when running CW with the Flex?

I saw a reference to DDUTIL in the other post about  Tx Req not working. Is DDUTIL a possibility?

Answers

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Look in the menu of Ssdr under Radio Setup/transmit and if you experience hot switching just add some delay to either the ACC TX or RCA TX1 depending on how you interface the amp. I would just key the rig as usual and run an rca cable between the 6300's RCA output and the Centurion's key input. Don't worry about the "loop". That was designed for TenTec rigs. I used this same method with a Centurion and K3 combo with no hot switching evident. The Centurion is a wonderful QSK amplifier and has worked with several rigs I've had. Key it directly. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.