Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how to disable ft8 audio from 6600m speaker

Larry A.  NN5O
Larry A. NN5O Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Suddenly, when I try to operate FT8, I'm hearing that FT8 transmit tone (really loud) and I can't seem to find the option to disable that.  In the past, I could operate just fine and hear no audio.  Much better.  Folks in the house don't like this sqealing racket, either.

But now, that infernal squealing makes me want to do something else.

What am I missing?  How do I make that transmit audio quit?  Must be something really simple that I'm missing.

Using SmartSDR ver 3

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Perhaps the MON button?
  • KD2OM
    KD2OM Member
    edited March 2020
    In the front panel menu there is a check box to disable the local speaker.

Steve KD2OM 
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Geoff has it covered.  On the SSDR control panel display the P/CW pane.  Select the mic profile
    that you are using for FT-8.  Gray out the "MON" button to disable the monitor function.  

The MON button can also be found  on the 6600M front panel by pressing the the MIC/PWR control to enable the TX menu screen  The MON button is on the left side of the displayed screen gray it out.

Hope this helps 73.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Larry A.  NN5O
    Larry A. NN5O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yay, Gayle Lawson....that did it!  You get a bushel of gold stars from my inventory!  Tnx es 73 de Larry NN5O

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.