Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to control signal quality {new user}

Mick
Mick Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
New to Flex6600 & Smart SDR

How do I make sure that I am not transmitting dirty signals?
On my FTDX3000 I would not push the amp and make sure the AGC circuit did not kick in.
Not sure how to set up for good quality SSB RTTY & CW

Can anyone point me at a tutorial or app note.

Thanks,
Mick
W6MOB

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Mick 
    Make sure that when you are transmitting that your level meter on the P/CW panel stays in the (yellow) and never indicates a level above 0 db, (red), and you should have a clean signal.

Also, this video might help you with how to do that.

https://youtu.be/LytzQGpE5ZM?list=LLcXYIGF4--uipOh4_BZzpYw

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Besides what Jay pointed out above, I also use a Telepost LP-700 Digital Station Monitor.  The LP-500 and LP-700 units show the modulation pattern and provides trapezoid pattern for linearly driving an amplifier.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    As what has been pointed out, the Flex is optimised to correspond to the settings using the meter as your guide. This is one great thing about these radios, simplistic.
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Just as a comment,  watch that your "Level "  meter,  peaks just touching the "0"  as max TX level,  and watch the panadapter window when you transmit,  but the Flex is one of the best IMD SDRs  with the level below "0"  in level meter.

Dudley
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Listen to the last part of my tutorial “a tour of my mic profiles” on YouTube where I talk about “how to make a Flex sound BAD.” Then don’t do those things! Listen to the whole thing if you want to learn more details about audio and profiles. Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Other hints. DON’T rely upon hardware ALC to prevent overdriving your amp. Use your power settings to keep your drive level and TX Profile to keep things under control.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks everyone.

I managed to find the buttons that control levels for SSB and Digital. So I can make sure I don't overshoot. Did have fun looking at my own signal on the Utah SDR.
    Ken, your video are very instructive, I think my mic is sounding better now.

Cheers,
    Mick
    W6MOB
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Wonderful! Have fun exploring the wonderful world of SDR and FlexRadio!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.