Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to connect a 6300 and OM2500 and still use the Maestro.

Options
Tony
Tony Member
Hello to all. I just purchasd a 6300 & Maestro and would like to connect it with my OM2500A amplifier.Can I go from the accesoiry output on the 6300 to the serial one on the OM.Or can I achieve this otherwise and still use the maestro .Any help would be very welcome.Best 73 Tony

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    No you don't connect the Amp for control to the Accessory jack  you next to get a FTDI USB to the proper type connection on the AMP rather it be RS-232 or BCD, Flex has a Hardware manual that will really help you out here
    https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/

https://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/FLEX-6000%20Hardware%20Reference%20Manual.pdf

2nd question using the Maestro, You can use the maestro with the AMP connected no problem there. 
    you can not run the Maestro and SmartSDR at the same time with SmartSDR version 1 and 2 but when version 3 comes out I think you will be able to but version 2 and 3 have to be paid for. 
    If your radio has version 1 on it then I would wait a month or so when Version 3 comes out and skip paying for V2 and just pick up V3

good luck and enjoy your flex Radio, they are GREAT radio's.

73's
    WX7Y

• Tony
    Tony Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello.Tnx for your quickreply. Do I understand correctly , that a usb lead with FDTI chipset on the one side and a serial on the other side ( the OM has serial ) would do the trick and make the OM automatically follow the frequency changes off the Maestro without having to use the pc.I have a V2 version and do not require that the Maestro and smart sdr run Together.Regards Tony
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    https://www.om-power.com/downloads
    Looks like it I looked on the ON WEB site and there is a PDF there on connecting it to the FLEX6000 series
    Google is a WONDERFUL search tool to find this stuff.

good luck
    Bret
  • Tony
    Tony Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hello !I have followed the instructions as suggested and also those on the OM website , but the OM still won't connect.I even had a new chip installed in the OM with the lastest software which was send to me by the manufacturer.Great customer service! I have used 2 different usb-serial leads both with FTDI chipesetting and a RS232 null modem Cable into the tcvr rs 232 on the rear off the OM.I also tried all the baudrates and select flex as the transceiver in the OM menu but nothing seems to work. Smart Cat sdr works fine with HRD and I also used the correct port on it to achieve connection between cat sdr and the OM .I must have missed something crucial both I Am running out off ideas , so any help would be very welcome. I also tried to connect between the 6300 and OM 2500A by using a usb-serial lead with fdti chipset qnd null modem serial cable as suggested by OM but also no luck with that. So any ideas are very welcome. Kindest regards Tony pa3gwo
  • Dave_WB1S
    Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The OM2500 and OM4KA are essentially the same regarding control. I use a 6700 with my 4KA and it works perfect changing to whatever frequency is on the TX slice. I change TX from slice to slice and the 4KA follows changing to the correct frequency
  • Tony
    Tony Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hello David.I have been informed by Tibby from OM regarding the fact that they are essantially the same and followed there instructions . So it must be a operators failure , but after a week off numerous attemps , I am running out off ideas. Regards Tony

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.