Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to Auto-Run the 6400M Upon Start-up

Mike KE4U
Mike KE4U Member
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is there a way to auto-select and run a SMartSDR version from the start-up splash screen without user interaction?

Thanks,

Mike, KE4U

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mike,

Sure, here's how you do it. On the Windows SmartSDR icon right click and select properties. Edit the target line as shown in the diagram below:
    "C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.32SmartSDR.exe" --serial=1713-3011-6700-8859

Note: After the quotes enter a SPACE then TWO hyphens then serail=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and no other punctuation.

That's it. Now when you click the SmartSDR icon it will automatically start that radio.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Mike KE4U
    Mike KE4U Member
    edited March 2019

Thanks for the prompt reply, Mack.  I didn't clearly state my question.  

Let me try again:  I am not running SmartSDR on a PC / IOS.  I am simply powering up the 6400M and it displays a splash screen that lists the various versions of SmartSDR installed in the radio.  Today there are two of those resident. I must then select a version and then select the RUN button on the screen to complete the radio startup.

Is there a method to operate the power switch on the 6400M and have it complete its boot sequence into normal operation without any further interaction from the operator?

Thanks agfain!

Mike

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mike, What you are asking has not been implemented. I suggest Tim pick this up as a feature request. Mack W4AX
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If this has not been implememted then how is it possible to have a flex run remotely by just applying power from a remotely controlled relay. Are you saying every remote user can choose what firmware to run your radio on when they logon remotely.

It would seem to me if there were only 1 listed then after a certain timeout it would defaultly boot the listed one.

Wayne
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, you can select the version remotely just as you would do locally.
  • Mike KE4U
    Mike KE4U Member
    edited February 2018
    I posted this in the Ideas section of the forum.  Thanks all!
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Mike, as you may already know, after you have rebooted the radio a few times, and chose the newest software version, eventually the radio will bypass the software chooser screen and boot straight into the Logo and Splashscreen, then to the last session's settings with last band, mode and panadapter showing. That means the Persistance Database is working and is up to date on basic settings. The Maestro and even SSDR in Windows does the same thing. You shouldn't see the firmware/software chooser again unless there is a new firmware/software update available. Or if for some reason you have to do a factory default reset. Then it will appear again till the database updates.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    There is logic in the software to auto start the software that runs on the M models (as well as on the Maestros) if certain conditions are met, like not connecting to the radio with a different client, a new version of software is not available, connecting to the same radio (which is always met with an M model), and a few other operational "state" conditions.

If the M model is the only radio on your network and you are not using a different GUI client (Maestro, SSDR Win, SSDR iOs, dogparkSDR) to connect to it and you constantly have to select the latest version of the software (v2.1.32 as of this writing), then there may be something amiss in the logic that is supposed to perform this function.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Not understanding the logic I will just add that I have started the M radio 10 times and have had to select v2.1.32  each time. I also have used SSDR without issues but even after 10 consecutive starts on M radio only, I still get prompted.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    MAc,  have you tried this with the PGXL PC Icon?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.