Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How long does it take Flex to process a PayPal order?

Kevin N9JKP
Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Successfully loaded the new Version 2 software.  I clicked on the green Buy button and completed my order with PayPal.  I got an email acknowledgment from Flex and and email acknowledgment from PayPal that I have authorized the payment.

It seems that Flex needs to contact PayPal and PayPal is waiting for that acknowledgment from Flex.

In the meantime, I periodically press the blue refresh button with no change in my status.

Is this automatic or will I need to wait until Monday for my software purchase to be finalized? 

Answers

• shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same issue.  Was gonna post in the a.m. if it didn't update the license by then.
    Jim
    AL7BA
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Kevin, I think that all the paypal issues resolved without our intervention.  Most of the hold ups were due to the radio not be able to access the internet.  By chance, is your radio plugged directly into your computer rather than your home LAN?

If it is on your LAN, then you will need to open a support case from the Helpdesk link on the web site.

Mike va3mw

• shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    My 6700 hooks directly to my computer and the computer hooks to my router.  Updated and bought license 1.5 hrs ago and still says, "License Required."
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jim, you will need to hook it up to your router and power it on.  10 minutes should do it and you can then return it to the setup you had.  The way you have it connected does not allow the radio to connect to the internet for license verification.
  • shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanx, Michael.  Did that and clicked the Refresh button about 20 mins ago and it's still going thru the "Refreshing radio license state..."
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Same problem here.

My 6500 is directly connected to the router, so it should have full internet access but it can't seem to complete the license registration process. I completed the Paypal payment about 30 minutes ago.

I'll give it another hour before I raise a ticket, given that any sensible support person in the US should still be safely tucked up in bed at this unearthly hour!

73, John, G3WGV
  • shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The "Refreshing radio license state..." lasted all night, to no avail.  I've rebooted the computer amd cold booted the 6700.  Then, when clicking the Refresh button, I'd get the Win 10 circle spinning...to no avail.  I then tried to reinstall SSDR and a box saying that a file is still being used by SSDR and can it get closed.  I say Yes.  Then I get a dll error and install stops.  Please assist. Thanx!
  • shawje
    shawje Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It's a Flex.UiWpfFramework.dll.  An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file. DeleteFile failed; code 5.  Access denied.  I ran the SSDR install as administrator.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Just to close the loop, Dudley from FlexRadio had the problem fixed very quickly. Thanks Dudley for whatever you and the team did!
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited February 2018
    ok what is the secret? Do I have to unhook from the computer and take my 6300 upstairs to the router and hook it up there and will it download the licence?
    VA3KBC
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Somehow the radio has to connect to the internet to call home and autheticate.  This is why you are likely seeing not licensed message.  

You can take it to your router, run a long lan cable to the radio or turn on Internet Connection Sharing in Windows assuming your SmartSDR computer has internet access.  

Matt posting the details here:  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/v2-0-for-those-connecting-their-radios-directly-to-...

That should do it.  If not, then you will need to open a support case.

Mike va3mw

• Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    ok  brought down the modem and router to the shack downstairs. hooked up cat5 from router to back of 6300. hit refresh on desktop compter screen. refreshing radio license state...   how long before its licenesed?

• Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    no connection from the computer to the radio. just cat 5 from router to 6300. am i doing this right?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Don, if everything is working properly, it takes less than a minute.

If SmartSDR v2 still indicates you need a license, please open a HelPDesk ticket so we can investigate.
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    okey dokey.  still nothing so I guess I need help.
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    where and how?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    The Instructions for getting assistance is located in the SmartSDR v2.0.17 Release Notes, but I'll summarize it here for your convenience.

For details on how to submit a HelpDesk (https://helpdesk.flexradio.com) support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...   Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue.  Make sure to include your product's serial number

• Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    Done. Thankyou.
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    Try as I may I still cant get it to refresh. [: 

• Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited August 2017
    Yippy!! got it.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I was able to use the new SSSDR right away last weekend when I purchased it but only yesterday did PayPal let me know the transaction was completed .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.