• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis

• 495 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
??

Just assign the record channels to a DAX channel and assign a DAX channel to the slice you want to receive

works a treat

Cheers

Simon
Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 888 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
How about searching this forum?
https://community.flexradio.com/flexr...
Alex DH2ID
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3911 Posts
  • 1187 Reply Likes
All the "Connections" are via the Virtual Audio ports in DAX.  No wires necessary.

If you are wanting to record from the DAX MIC line, simply select that as the Record Input in Audacity's config panel.

If you are wanting to record received audio, select a RX DAX channel on the receive slice flag and then select the same record input channel in Audacity.  Be sure that the proper channel is also turned ON in the DAX control panel.

Unfortunately, you cannot record BOTH channels at the same time, as far as I Know.
I would love to put my mic audio on one channel and the Receive audio on the other.
There may be a mixer plug-in for Audacity that will do that.  I just haven't found it yet.

Good Luck,

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 888 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Photo of Gary Wise

Gary Wise

• 72 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Not being able to record both Microphone and Slice audio using Audacity was why the post below was interesting to me.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/another-way-to-use-the-new-1-6-dax-stream-to-listen...

The program Voicemeeter Banana has both a mixer and a recorder built in. I am now using successfully to record qsos.

The program has a learning curve, but it can be figured out. I have only a dual core pc, so it was important for me to make sure all connected audio channels were sampling at 48000 bps. This minimizes processor use. If you have a more powerful pc, this won't be an issue.

I urge you to try it.

BTW, I still use Audacity to edit the recordings and convert to mp3.

Gary W4EEY