Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do you answer your iPhone if connected to smartlink and not lose your connection

Dennis Daniel KM6DF
Dennis Daniel KM6DF Member ✭✭
Today I was using my IphoneX and received a call. The phone lost connection with smartlink and when I tried to reconnect I got a server error. I was not able to reconnect for over 8 hours untilI got home. Now everything is working fine again

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You move your phone calls to a flip phone!  :-)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I use my Apple Watch to answer the phone
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    I have no flip phone ha ha. I do have Apple Watch but it disconnects as soon as it rings and changes screens
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    Sorry not the watch but smartlink
  • N8KWX
    N8KWX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Are you using Sprint or Verizon? If they still have you using CDMA for voice , your data connection will be dropped. CDMA systems weren’t able to do voice and data simultaneously.
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    Verizon I don’t know anything about CDMA how would you check
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You must be on Verizon which used CDMA in its systems. AT&T which is not CDMA based but rathe GSM allows simultaneous Voice and Data so it keeps working
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you are where WiFi is good, you can set the phone for WiFi calling and then will allow you to do both at the same time with a Sprint phone.  I do it all the time. Providing the same capability on the cell signal in Sprint's roadmap but they don't have a timeframe for it yet.  
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    Some good news after researching both CDMA and GSM then the new 4GLTE with Verizon I discovered that Verizon has been moving to GSM under 4GLTE and will be included under 5G. I also found that you must activate the voice and date mode on your phone that is now available on iPhones that have the latest updates. It’s very easy . Go to setting then to cellular. Be sure cellular data is turned on . Then go to Cellular data options enable LTE to voice and data then go to roaming and be sure both voice and data are Roaming. I can now use smartlink and take a call.
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018
    How ever I think more testing in my area is needed Dennis
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Verizon has LTE in nearly all of its footprint now.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In SSDR for iOS make sure “ disconnect on close” is off. SmartSDR will run while the call is in progress but the audio will be muted. This is an iOS thing. I’ve tested on 3 carriers - Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile. It works. image
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes, either that, or manually disconnect SSDR-IOS first, then answer the phone. Sometimes ssdr-iOS doesn’t respond well to being unceremoniously dumped...
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The only issue I found was audio, in which case just toggle "default to speaker" on then off and it will work.
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited March 2018

Yes i have the same audio problem but that is a minor issue thanks

Dennis

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This is an installed feature (hi hi) demanded by the XYL's of Hams so they have to pay attention to them when they call while you are on the radio :-)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yeah it's an Apple thing. Super annoying. There are days when I want to be able to use the real purpose of my iPhone and simply turn the phone portion off. But no can do, Apple insists that phone calls can interrupt. Even DND doesn't work because DND can be overriden by people who dial more than once. Hate it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.