Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do you access the settings for the preamplifier in a 6700?

Options
Presley, W5PD
Presley, W5PD Member
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I understand that the 6700 has a built-in preamplifer. However, I have not been able to find how to change the settings for the preamplifier in SmartSDR 2.4.9. 
Any help?

Answers

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Go to the Left pullout in the panadapter -> "Ant" ->  "RF Gain"    There is 4 RF Gain selections.  

Dudley
    Wa5qpz
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    If you have the 2mLDPA with USB for 2 meters then you also adjust the Pre-Amp in the 2mLDPA on that same menu.
  • Presley, W5PD
    Presley, W5PD Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks Dudley! That works.
  • larry plumb
    larry plumb Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    In the upper left hand corner of your screen where you adjust antennas you will have a choice of rf gain.  SOmetimes I like 10 dB for higher frequencies but usually just leave it at 0 for 80,40 and 20
    Larry Plumb WA2TLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.