Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I update the 6600m to the latest version of Smartsdr?

Don
Don Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
How do I update the 6600m to the latest version of Smartsdr?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    When your radio starts it looks for the latest software, if a new version is found you can select update.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The radio needs to be connected to the internet. It will automatically let you know there is a new version of software available. Click on the new version and let it do it's thing. Once the software is loaded and the radio comes up, shut it down, remove power for about 10 to 30 seconds then re-boot the radio.
  • Amlan - AI6XN
    Amlan - AI6XN Member
    edited September 2018
    1. Connect the radio to internet and take the power off. 2. Connect power and start the radio. 3. Hit connect 4. Choose the version 2.3.7 with a green download icon next to it 5. Run
  • Joe
    Joe Member
    edited September 2018
    I use my 6600M in stand-alone mode, not connected to a PC.

Do I need to connect the 6600M to my PC to then connect with the Internet?

If so, how do I do this?

Do I use the RJ45 cable to connect from the 6600M to my PC?

What I do after this...does the 6600M then just do it's thing with the update?

Many thanks for any assistance/suggestions.

73, Joe W2KJ

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Just hook the 6600M directly into the internet it will find the update and it will ask you to update when you power the radio up on the screen. If you don't have a switch or router there at the radio unhook the internet cable from your computer and plug it into the radio. You also need to d/l the new version on your computer if you plan on running Smart SDR on the computer in the future.
  • Amlan - AI6XN
    Amlan - AI6XN Member
    edited July 2018
    You do not need a pc. Just connect 6600M directly to your router or switch using a cat5 cable. The follow my suggestion above.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.