Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I set the STATION NAME?

George Brown
George Brown Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a new 6400, software is 3.0.27.  How do I set the STATION NAME field.  Right now it has 'DESKTOP K7OQDSF' in the field and I have no idea how to change that.

Comments

• N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    If you are referring to the Sattion:XXXXX on the bottom of SSDR, just type over it.

Lou N2TU
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Go to settings, then radio setup, then change the information in the "Radio identification" 

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The STATION NAME initially is actually the name of the Computer that is connected to the Radio. You can change it by just typing the name you want by just typing over it.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    But when I change it, and then quit SmartSDR and restart, the old STATION NAME comes right back. 
    I had thought that it was supposed to pick up the name of my PC (not my login name, my PC name) because they were the same at one point. But even after I changed my PC name, and then started SmartSDR v3.1.7, my station name was still my old PC name. Can anyone else confirm if changing their PC name does, or does not, change their station name?
  • Brian Gohl - AI6US
    Brian Gohl - AI6US Member
    edited June 2020
    Type the new name in the field beside STATION: then Enter. The name is stored and displayed when SmartSDR is restarted. I confirm that the station name is not associated with the PC name.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.