Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I get PowerSDR (KE9NS) out of DEMO MODE (for Flex 1500)?

Don Hamrick
Don Hamrick Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I installed PowerSDR (KE9NS) version 2.8.0.109 for the firmware update it has. But how do I get out of DEMO MODE on startup? I want to set my Flex 1500 as the default startup.

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello Don,
    if you still see "demo mode" on the splash screen and not the Flex-1500 also, you should 
    make sure that your Flex-1500 is on and the USB cable connected to both the Flex-1500
    and your PC. If you still see only the demo mode, restart the PC and the Flex-1500 and
    see if this helps. If not, change the USB cable.
  • Don Hamrick
    Don Hamrick Member
    edited January 2019
    The splash screen shows both DEMO MODE, and my Flex Radio 1500 with the serial number. But the Flex Radio but is greyed out making the DEMO MODE the only choice available.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Then it's likely that either your driver has not installed correctly or that your pc is not seeing your Flex-1500. Please verfify that your Flex is on and has enough power and that the USB cable is ok. Deinstall Flex 2.8.0, clean up your PC using TuneUp or CCleaner, then reinstall,
    restart your PC, then connect your Flex-1500, then turn it on. Start PSDR and you should
    see your Flex-1500. If not - try to install on another PC or notebook.
  • Don Hamrick
    Don Hamrick Member
    edited January 2019

When I startup PowerSDR (KE9NS) I get the Demo/Test mode. "Welcome to the Demo/Test mode of the PowerSDR software. If you did not intend to be in Demo/Test mode, please open the Setup Form and change the mode to the appropriate selection and then restart PowerSDR."

However, the PowerSDR Setup popup box does not show a menu that is suppose to be obvious to change from Demo to Flex 1500. The User Interface menu is for the Flex Control knob.

What am I missing?

• bobby
    bobby Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The greyed out rig means there is no communication between your computer and the flex1500 via the usb connection. When you have communication the rig will not be greyed out. If you did not install the driver prior to connecting the usb cable from the flex 1500 then it will all be messed up and you will need to completely uninstall the driver, reboot the computer, verify all remnants of the driver are gone and start all over again installing the driver first, then the ke9ns software, then connect the flex 1500. This is assuming two other things, your flex 1500 is not defective and the usb cable in use is of sufficient gauge wire to provide the necessary power to the rig, and it is connected to a primary usb port on your computer, not through a usb hub or front usb port but one of the main computer usb ports. See the notes on the flex knowledge base with tips.
  • tomhank
    tomhank Member, Unconfirmed
    To get PowerSDR (KE9NS) out of DEMO MODE for Flex 1500, you need to enter a valid license key. Here are the steps to follow:

Purchase a valid license key from the official website of KE9NS or from an authorized reseller.
    Open PowerSDR and click on the "Register" button located at the bottom of the main screen.
    In the registration window, enter your name, call sign, and license key in the appropriate fields.
    Click on the "Register" button to submit your registration information.
    If your registration is successful, PowerSDR will restart automatically and you should no longer be in DEMO MODE.
    If you encounter any issues with the registration process, you can contact the KE9NS support team for assistance.

If you want to learn how to get radio out of demo mode, this quick guide is for you: https://windupradio.com/get-radio-out-of-demo-mode/
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

PowerSDR from KE9NS does not require a license key. And he doesn't require payment to use his version of PowerSDR. He does accept donations. But, they are not required.

Why are you responding to a 4 year old thread? If you read the post above yours, you will see the original poster's problem was solved..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.