How do I get help with out of warranty service on my dead internal battery on maestro,I’m based in the Uk

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a maestro that has a dead internal battery because of no use for the last 3 months or so due to me receiving cancer treatment,I am based in the Uk,any help would be most appreciated.thank you
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 312 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 354 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Have you tried plugging it in and leaving it overnight.... that works for me
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 312 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Tried that
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 354 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Leave it longer
(Edited)
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 149 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
AFIK there are a service centre in Germany for EU.
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 149 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Look here: http://www.flexradio.com/distributors/
You see the service center for EU at the middle of the page
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1600 Posts
  • 783 Reply Likes
@Tony - contact FRS via Help Desk on this problem. They may have a way to help you out.

Usually the battery is just too low to bootstrap the charger, so hopefully it is just some help rather than a replacement that will be needed.

I left a Maestro on charge for several days to get mine to accept a proper charge, but the other Maestro needed advice from FRS to wake up from its dead battery slumber.

Hope your treatments were successful.

Steve
K9ZW
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 407 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
I use a lot of LiPO batteries in my model airplane Hobby.
I understand my used Maestro does not charge the battery. That's okay I can use a USB charger.
I have found several very inexpensive batteries that meet the flex Maestro specifications; I purchased one on Amazon and the other in the checkout line at Walmart.
$18 and $5 are the prices I paid respectively. Both have a percent of charge digital readout.
It's best to not let LiPO batteries discharge below 50% . It's also best to leave them at about 75% charge for storage.
I don't know how long the battery will last per charge. I mostly operate the maestro in my shack, hardwired to my WiFi and connected to the power supply.
I keep a battery in the the Maestro because quite often I notice that I'm running on battery power as the power plug has disconnected.
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9199 Posts
  • 3561 Reply Likes
Official Response
Tony, contact Norbert at our Service Center in Germany
http://www.flexradio.com/distributors/

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.