Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I find the WiFi on my Flex 6300 so that I can change it?

Options
John K6VFR
John K6VFR Member
I know my radio has to be on the same network as my computer, and I'm trying to find it on my Flex 6300...HELP!  I'm trying to change the WiFi network and I guess I've taken a dumb pill, but where can I find the Wifi on SDR?  I have looked everywhere (guess not everywhere)...I've looked at Wifi symbol in bottom right, settings, etc  I'm stumped.  I cannot find it...Of course, if I change the wifi on my computer, then the radio doesn't "see" the computer...I'm in a loop...thanks, John

Answers

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Your SDR (Flex-6300) doesn't have WiFi, you likely have a wifi adapter plugged in to the Ethernet jack, that needs to be changed outside the SDR.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    John, If I understand you correctly, there is no WiFi on the radio or SSDR.   Your 6300 has to be cabled to your home network.  The same as your laptop or computer running SSDR.  If that is done correctly, the radio advertises itself on the network and SSDR will hear it and start to function.  If this is what you have done, you might want to make sure your firewall is off on your computer and see if that helps.

I'm just guessing at what might work based on your comments.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.