Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I completely disable the internal ATU?

Gastonet
Gastonet Member ✭✭
Hi there. 

Is there any way to completely bypass or disable the internal ATU for use it with a PA or an external ATU?

I have a 6500 and an ACOM 600S. When I switch frequencies or bands the internal ATU on the 6500 comes "in" so I have to put it manually in bypass mode (pressing ATU button in Maestro for a sec.)

Thanks in adavance.

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited April 2020
    In SSDR you can select Bypass for the internal ATU. That is what I do since I use an external Balanced tuner. The radio should remember.that setting.
    James
    WD5GWY You will probably have to do it for each band. And Maestro should not cause a problem. If it does just step thru the bands and bypass the same as SSDR and all should be well.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Morning James, thanks for the answer. I'll try as soon as I can. BTW: When you mean "bypass" is the same "button / function" in Maestro or is a kind of global/per barnd setup?
  • Warren Gaspar
    Warren Gaspar Member
    edited June 2020
    Gaston,

Maestro has an ATU button. If it is green ATU is on, press for 2-3 secs it will turn white ATU is now off.

Warren

NU7R
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Warren, I'm aware of that. My problem is that I have to press 1-2 secs the ATU button (to bypass it / turn it white) everytime I've change frequencies or bands. I just want to turn it off completely.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't know of a total bypass preset, but you can make your own, sort-of....I have not tried this myself, but it seems to me that it should work. You might need to do this in SSDR/win first to make it easier to program it.... You would need to go through every band and turn the ATU and ATU Memory off. Then quickly scan through that band to make sure that it doesn't turn back on for different sections of the band. Then change bands and do it again. When you have done this for all bands, save this in a "No Tuner" transmit profile, then save it all in an"No Tuner" Global Profile. When you start up your rig, load the Two profiles. That should keep the ATU from activating unintentionally. Others who are more familiar with this particular part of the profiles and persistence may want to correct me if I am mistaken.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Delete the ATU memories, turn ATU memories off and never hit the ATU button.  The default setting is in bypass (off), not enabled.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim, good point. Now, how to delete all the memories? 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    It is covered in the SmartSDR Software Users Guide, but all you have to do is right click on the ATU button to get the context menu to delete the memories.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks a lot!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.