Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I adjust the microphone quality using a headset through the PC?

rgracer
rgracer Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am setting up a friend’s 6400-M. He will be using it through his PC. I use a Logitech usb headset on my rig and the audio was excellent from the start. On this radio, the microphone sounds hollow and is not easy to hear. I have seen descriptions of using the internal EQ for wired mikes, but not. Sure how to adjust the PC mike. Is there a profile that works for this?

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Take a look at this video.  You can use FDX to listen to yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzT1qDKKySk
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have another tutorial on YouTube about how to adjust your mic using the full duplex monitoring technique. I have even done this remotely from my office using a PC headphone mic. It takes a little bit of time, but you can get good results with this technique.
  • rgracer
    rgracer Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks to both of you. Is the tutorial from about 3 years ago?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes. I haven’t updated them yet. But they are still accurate except now you save the profiles as Mic Profiles instead of Transmit Profiles. And on V.3.0.19 the profiles auto-save on the fly. So be sure to start you experimenting with a new name so you don’t mess up a currently used profile.
  • rgracer
    rgracer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thank you. The duplex method works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.