How difficult is it to change the atu in my 6500

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Looks like my atu in my 6500 is failing,won't hold the tune after it's tuned,starts of ok then the new time I key up the swr goes rite over,tune again and does the same,my questions is how difficult is it to install new atu into my flex,is it just one out new in.thanks
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 294 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 294 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Official Response
Would you believe it,checked my power supply again the meter was showing 18.8 bang on,so I thought I would check what was actually coming out of the power lead that what was supplied by with my flex when new,its about 1.8 mtrs lond,and guess what there was less than 11 volts,so back to power supply and turned up the power adjustment so it read 16 v,then checked out at end power cable,and low and behold I was getting a tad over 14 v,checked power output on all bands lowest 86w hiighest 110w happy days,also atu seems to be working fine again,how the power supply can impact on the atu I don't know,but I'm a happy bunny again,will keep my eye on it over the next few weeks just in case lol,thanks to everyone for there imput.tony