Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How did you get your callsign on the radio display ? Flex6500

Bill  /  VA3QB
Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
I noticed a Youtube video where the owner had his callsign in the display of his radio. I have tried putting my callsign in both the callsign and nickname locations but no change. Still shows FLEX-6500. With field day right around the corner, I thought it would be a nice touch.

Bill
VA3QB 

Answers

• K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    It is in the "Radio" panel of Settings in SmartSDR.  But I think that you have to hit "Save" somewhere, then reboot for it to show up.  Now that I have the Maestro, I haven't been using SmartSDR.

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Settings, Radio Tab....put your name and call in the boxes.

Then, click on the nickname or callsign button. It's not obvious that those are buttons that turn it on. I missed it at first too.  :)

73  Brent W8XG

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    I was wondering this myself, now I know what to do on Thursday when mine comes in. Thanks! 
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Interesting.  Under Radio Setup, Radio Tab, mine shows the letter A followed by 12 numbers, and my call is in the Callsign box, but my Flex still boots up with FLEX-6700.  What am I missing? 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2016
    You must click on either the call sign button or the nickname button after you type in your info
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited December 2016
    Brent,

I think I am following your instructions but I am not getting my callsign to display on my FLEX-6500. Could you reiterate those instructions step-by-step from start to finish? Sorry to be thick but I've tried everything including rebooting the radio but still no-go. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...  :( 

73, Dave K4EET
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited December 2016
    Brent,

Cancel that... I just figured out that the "labels" in front of the text boxes are actually buttons and you have to push the button and then the display changes to your callsign. Thanks! :) 

73, Dave
  • Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Brent. Had to reread your post to figure it out. But it now works. You actually have to click on the word nickname and call sign to make it work. Thanks Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.