Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HOW CAN I SWITCH MY AMPLIFIER WITH PTT LINE?

Manfred HB9FLU
Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
TODAY I BOUGHT A NEW 6300 AND IT WORKS FINE. BUT I CAN'T SWITCH MY AMPLIFIER - IT WORKS ONLY WITH ITS OWN HF-VOX. WHERE CAN I CHANGE THIS SETTINGS?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Have you enabled the TX RCA jack in Settings?image
  • Mark-NA6M
    Mark-NA6M Inactive Employee
    edited May 2016
    Please see the SmartSDR Software Users Guide, Page 81 for detailed information on how to enable the rear panel PTT jacks.

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-users-guide-pdf/

• GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited September 2019
    Also make sure your phono keyline is connected to the TX connector the yellow one nearest the powerpole connectors and not in the ptt connector near the usb and ethernet sockets. Cheers Paul
  • Manfred HB9FLU
    Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yes all correct

• Manfred HB9FLU
    Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I have the 6300 and it has no yellow connector
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited June 2016
    aplogise there are 2 pairs of phono sockets red and white. its the white one labelled TX near the power pole sockets that you connect your amplifier to. cheers Paul
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Hi Paul,

per the Quick Start Guide for the Flex series of radios the white phono connector labeled TX (near the power pole connector) is correct for keying your amp relay.

regards,  Larry  K1UO

• Manfred HB9FLU
    Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for your help. Problem is solved. 73 de HB9FLU
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited June 2016
    What was it?
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited December 2017
    Correct Larry, It was Manfred that had the problem, I see he has solved it now, I wonder what he did? Cheers Paul
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Ah yes...  reading too fast :-)....  Probably your good advice did the trick Paul.

Merry Christmas.

• Manfred HB9FLU
    Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I used the wrong socket:-)
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited June 2016
    Yep ...Merry Christmas to you and yours also. Cheers Paul
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited June 2016
    I did exactly the same when i first got my 6300. Have fun and Merry Christmas..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.