Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How can I force slice B to always use ant 2 xmit and receive no matter what band its on with the 670

Options
W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I want to have slice B always use antenna 2 for receive and transmit.  No matter what I do I get random results.  I'm clearly over looking something.

Thanks
Peter

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Peter,

The short answer is.. you cant do that.  The long answer... well it's a really long answer ;)  I'll try for something in the middle.  

The receive antenna selector on the slice is more like a suggestion of what you would like done now.  It's really just a convenience.  It's the panadapter that takes care of the antenna selection.  Any given slice can just provide a hint.  Remember, you can have more than one slice on a panadapter.  With respect to the receive antenna, which one should the panadapter pay attention to? 

The TX antenna is a bit easier.  Since you can only transmit on one slice at a time, it's easy for the radio to swap things around when you hit the MOX button.

Well.. OK, with that said.. maybe you can do it.  Just make sure that slice B is the only slice on its panadapter and that you have no more than two panadapters.  The receive antenna for the should stay put.

--Don

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    peter

I think the factory SO2R profile does what you want.  At least that is what i see here on my 6600M.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I thought that might be the case. I’ll putter with it later today. Been having fun with the new Expert solid state amp and zipping all over the bands with absolutely no delay for this or that. Amazing technology. Thanks to both you guys. I do think it would be really helpful to be able to memorize antenna preferences however. Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.