Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How+can+I+consistently+disable+transmit+on+the+6300+XVTR+port?

K4SC
K4SC Member
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I just purchased a Pixel Magnetic Loop receive antenna for use with my 6300 and need a sure-fire method to prohibit any transmitting on the XVTR connection so as not to damage the Mag Loop Preamplifier, which is very much transmitted RF intolerant.

As I would like to use a separate transmitting antenna my fear is that I will switch bands or otherwise have a brain **** and somehow transmit into the loop.  I do know how to disable transmit, but it seems to be universal only and not assignable to the XVTR antenna port.  The software guide did not provide any revelation.  Any ideas?  Chuck K4SC

Answers

• Greg Zenger [N2GZ]
    edited May 2018
    If you use the PTT interlock included with the InLogis (ex Pixel) antenna  (use a RCA cable between the "TX" jack on the Flex-6300 and the RCA jack on the InLogis power injector)  any power output from the XVTR would be of no consequence to the InLogis preamplifier.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My Pixel Loop is going to have to wait until the other antennas are operational, but I wonder if connecting to the PTT interlock will work in QSK mode.  I'm guessing not.  Has anyone checked this out?
  • Kevin WB4AIO
    Kevin WB4AIO Member
    edited March 2017
    Perhaps the Pixel folks could add diode or other protection (if they haven't already) to make damage nearly impossible. I hear great things about this antenna.

On another topic, I wonder why there are all the "+" signs between words in the title of this post. It breaks my RSS reader.

Kevin.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It+ is +hard+ to+ read+ your+ questions+with+ all+ those+ extraneous+ and+ unnecessary+characters.+I+do+not+think+anyone+takes+you+seriously?

(Thank+ you).  
  • Greg Zenger [N2GZ]
    edited December 2016
    Works fine with my pixel loop and 6700, though it is a bit noisy (acoustically).
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The + signs also prevent the article header from being indexed by the search engine too.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Sometimes I cuss the Community, not the people, not the content, not the privildge.
    but when I'm editing a post together in a Chrome browser, My mouse gets a little bit happy and wanders the screen and the alleys behind the pool hall wildly right clicking things and other sorts of conniptions, i usually let it settle down on it's own as long as it steers clear of the VFO and MOX .

Exactly like its doing right this instant hopefully I can click the Submit button before it closes the browser window. And no its not a virus or a trojan but it mostly does it when interacting with HTML5 websites. hammering out ESC key dits at 80 wpm usually tames it for a few seconds and restarting Chrome will clear it until it decides to flip out again. But its kinda hard to post in human languages while its having it's fun. 
  • K4SC
    K4SC Member
    edited January 2015
    I have no idea where the + signs originated; I did not put them in purposely.  Seems like no one offered a software solution which is what I was hoping for; maybe it would be an idea for future enhancement.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.