Hoping to use HRD log with WSJT and Flex 6400M

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi folks:  I am using my 6400M with WSJT-X and it works terrific.  One thing about the WSJT-X program is that the log is pretty primitive.  I would like to move the contacts from the WSJT-X log to my Ham Radio Deluxe log, which is much more versatile.  Is anyone here doing this?  My research indicates that this can be done by using JT Alert with QSO Relay (two TP programs).  However, I cannot get QSO relay to run at all on my Windows 10 computer.  Anyone have any ideas about a) am I taking the right approach or is there a better way; and b) why won't QSO Relay run after I install (have tried reinstalling, rebooting, all the usual things, etc.)
Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 145 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of WB0O

WB0O

• 33 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Roger.  You don't need to use QSO relay.   Just go into JT Alert, and in logbook settings select the version of HRD you are using.  
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1106 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
As wb0o stated, JTAlert works with HRD Logbook.

Make sure under the HRD section in logging in JTAlert to check the box to enable it after choosing the veraion of HRD you are using.

With HRD Logbook there are several ways to use logbook and DM 780 without running the main HRD program. DDUtil, Slice Master, or Mini Deluxe will act as an HRD server. Setup info for each of those is postd in this forum. (You can use the search function).

Have fun!

Dave wo2x
Photo of Bill English

Bill English

• 85 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Yes the Log is pretty primitive on WSJT-X. I have been using Winlog32 with it's interface for WSJT-X and it is almost fully automatic. When 73 is sent at the end of a QSO, the log page from WSJT-X pops up and you just click OK and it's imported into Winlog32. 

It has sure made that mode a lot more enjoyable for me. 

As far as exporting the Q's out of WSJT-X just click on File/Open Log Directory and you will see wsjtx_log.adi that is the file you need to import into your logging program.

Bill

Roger J. Buffington

• 145 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Great info Bill.  Did that.  Thanks.  Then I renamed the adi log adi.DATE so that WSJT would create a new ADI log which I can later import into HRD.   That way no dupes.  Can't think of any other way to do it.  I'll look into Winlog32.  Sounds like it does the transfer automatically if that is what you are saying.  But I'm kind of wedded to the HRD log.
Photo of Bill English

Bill English

• 85 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Good deal Roger,

You know you could use Winlog32 just for the WSJT-X interface and then export the QSO's into HRD every week or so. 

I know what you mean about being welded to a logger, I have 67,780 QSO's in Winlog32 since 2001!!! You kinda get used to one and that is what you stick with.

Bill

Roger J. Buffington

• 145 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
UPDATE -- OK, got JTAlert working!  It is now transferring QSOs from WSJT-X to my HRD logbook.  Works VFB!  So forget my solution about periodically importing the ADI from WSJT.  This is 'way better.  You do have to have the HRD logbook running along with WSJT but that's no problem.  This is really slick.