High CPU/Memory Utilization with new 6700

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I am setting up a new 6700 with a new computer just purchased. Computer CPU is an i7-6700, plenty fast. After bringing up SmartSDR I noticed that the CPU utilization continually climbs. It starts out at 1-2% with memory usage at 60-70mb. The CPU/memory utilization continues to grow until the machine finally locks up. CPU use for SmartSDR gets up to the 90% range with memory usage up at 200mb. This is with just one slice running. It takes about 15-20 minutes to reach this condition. Anybody have an idea as to whats going  on. I am using the 1.9.13 release.

Thanks,
Harry
W0LS
Photo of Harry Williams

Harry Williams

• 95 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Harry Williams

Harry Williams

• 95 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Official Response
This problem appears to be solved now. It was related to the Flex Control. I had noticed that the FC was enabled when I started the radio so I disabled it. After I did that the CPU utilization stayed low as it should. So I unistalled/reinstalled the FC but that did not help. I noticed that the FC was plugged into a USB hub. So just to do something different I removed it from the hub and plugged it directly into the PC and that did the trick. It still took some unintstalls/installs, reboots but finally it started working as it should smartsdr process ran as it should. During this troubleshooting period I had plenty of help from Neal who built the computer and from Flex through Dudley...thanks to those guys and the people that responded here on the community.....