Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hiding and Resetting +20db mic Boost

Options
Dave - WB5NHL
Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I hate to be one of the first with a grump but..... Moving the +20db boost to setup is ok. But WHY does it reset when switching to ACC and then back to MIC???? Every time I change back to voice mode from a digital mode I have to remember to open setup and turn on +20db boost. NOT GOOD! Please disable the reset. Once enabled keep the +20db enabled for MIC.

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Dave - I can confirm what you reported. Workaround here is to adjust the mic level on the radio using the MIC/BAL input, then adjust the sound card output for the ACC side. That way, the +20 db can be left OFF. Probably a future persistence setting! 73, Geo
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Work around won't work for me. the issue isn't with ACC it works fine. With the +20db boost off, I don't have enough mic gain.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    BTW, George it is a persistence setting! Turn off the radio and state of +20db is retained - good. It just resets to off when switching to ACC and back.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I agree that the user should not need to constantly toggle the +20 on and off manually. The setting should be remembered either by Mic Input or something similar. I have entered this into our bug tracking system. Thanks for reporting this.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is not a work around. If I didn't need the +20 dB, I wouldn't be using it in the first place. ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.