Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hi All,i just got my 6700, how to set up fixed IP address on 6700 ?

Sergey R5AU
Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭

Answers

• Dr. Howard S White
    edited June 2014
    So far nit possible. Maybe in a future software release.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    a bit pity, will change the local network setup for now
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    You can make sure that it gets the same DHCP assigned IP address every time by configuring your router to assign the same IP to its MAC address.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Well Richard, i have setup more secure network locally with static IP adresses, due to the here combination of the DSL+WI-FI+Wi-Fi Extender+Wi-Fi repeater. 6700 with PC behind Wi-Fi Extender(without DHCP service),in this case i need to recombine of the network structure
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have a similar configuration and use DHCP that only assigns leases to known MAC addresses this includes too many computers to stay sane, gaming Devices, NAS, Printers, 2 Wireless Access Points and, external webcams and all the mobile devices that are within the household (or visit). I found it much easier to lock things down this way rather than configure static IP's on every device. That soon becomes unmanageable for me - I would rather play radio! :-) Just to clarify though, I am doing this through Microsoft Windows 2008 Server DHCP as it allows a managed MAC list - I don't personally know of any Routers that allow DHCP to known MAC only. But other people may.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    i use a MAC OS(non server) with VMware and Win7(non server) for Radio, i see necessary a bit scripting on MAC to start with DHCP demon, I'll report

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.