Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HI there .... Anyone could help me to setup DM780 with FLEX 6300 running SSDR that allows me working

Jose Luis Roca
Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Setup DM780 with FLEX 6300 running SSDR in order to work CW . I tried to do it but without success 

Answers

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Jose Luis, I will send you a complit said instruction for HRD setup with photos; to your email address if you have in QRZ.COM. ReHowcuerdo y habrasos colega.
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ernest thanks a lot !!!. I guess I put my e-mail in QRZ . If not e-mail is lu3vcv@gmail.com.

73 my friend
    LU3VC 
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes Rory but it works with digital PSK and so on via DAX but not CW. Thanks again for your pretty soon answer.

LU3VC
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Would you Ernest send it to me too?  Please!  yv5wz@hotmail.com
    Thank you my friend

George
    YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    No problem Jose, sorry I'm not a CW op yet that's next on my list to learn. I'm sure Chris K6OZY will chime in soon.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Te mande 4 email, y tengo otras sobre HRD si las necesitas.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Jose, set up a dedicated Winkey port in SmartSDR CAT and connect the DM780 Winkeyer to it.
    That works great for me.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ok let me see I am just getting back home
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I've had great luck with HRD using all of the included digital modes - except CW.  HRD just doesn't seem to decode cw very well for me.   PSK, Olivia and all of the others work great though.   I originally started out using MiniDeluxe for the CAT interface and eventually migrated over to DDUtil which emulates the HRD core program.  No matter what I did, I was never very successful at running CW.  The decode was always pretty poor.  cwSkimmer seems to do a much better job.
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Gracias Ernest . I appreciate your help . The point is how could I work CW because digital you know psk works fine but CW mmm.... doesn´t work . If I use Smar SDR with key CWX no probem but from DM780 is not easy. I heard from Alex - DH2ID some recommendation in order to use winkey. I tried to open a new W CAT port but it is not function at all. I teally don´t know can can I set winkey in DM780.

Another issue is about CAT ports . When you open a new one indeed from what I understand you really open two. For example 4 and 104, 5 and 105. It seems like a virtual connection between two nodes, one from the Flex side and the other for the third part equipment. So I was a little confused. Anyway I try to go ahead . I did not find out any paper form the HRD - DM780 side to resolve it neither from Flex. 

LU3VC
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Another issue is about CAT ports . When you open a new one indeed from what I understand you really open two. For example 4 and 104, 5 and 105. It seems like a virtual connection between two nodes, one from the Flex side and the other for the third part equipment. So I was a little confused. 

The lowered numbered port is what you use in the third-party programs.  The higher numbered port is "connected" to the CAT application.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Geez, I just tried HRD on CW again and now it seems to be decoding a little bit better than I remembered. 

Decoding seems to be extremely dependent on how you set the squelch level in DM780.  If too low, lots of garbage.  It doesn't do well on weak signals, but the better signals seem to decode fairly well.

Winkeyer is a nice feature.....   I forgot HRD had that.
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you Tim . So if I try to connect third party equipment like HRD or DM780 I must define which would be the third part equipment. If you have FLEX as a mainframe,  so HDR and DM780 would be third equipment therefor I  must select port 4 in order to open HDR and DM780 and whats up with port 104 ?, Where can I find it ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2017
    The low number port is shown for the individual CAT port in the CAT application window if one was created that uses a com port.  There are CAT ports that use a TCP connection.
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    TIm I toure doing . I read your WSJT-X setup woth Smart SDR . I do not understand why you put one COM 4 for CAT control and COM 11 for PTT . I must opened two new COMs ?
  • Jose Luis Roca
    Jose Luis Roca Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Sorry I must open two new COMs  ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    If the digital mode program will operate PTT using the CAT (com4) connection, then the PTT (com11) is not required.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.