Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hi,have received my new 6500 today but the software version is v 1.2.17.65 even after update what am

Answers

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi Tony,

obviously, you are clicking on the old version of SSDR.

Try this path: Windows/Programmes/FlexRadio Systems/SmartSDR v1.3.0/

I hope, I could help you. 

Vy73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    When I installed radio it showed update and I clicked on it and that's what it has installed
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Have you downloaded the latest version from the Flex site? Place the distribution on your desktop, or somewhere there is no chance of accidentally clicking on the wrong distribution.

While not strictly necessary, sometimes it's good to do a "fresh start." Shut down your radio and remove power (actually disconnect from the power supply). While the radio is inert, uninstall all Flex applications from your PC. This includes CAT and DAX.

Go to your Windows Control Panel and check the Device Manager - view "hidden devices" and make sure all CAT-created ports and DAX created devices are gone. Reboot. Check again. Reboot again.

Reconnect power to your radio.

Install SSDR per the installation directions. Follow each step explicitly.

That should get you going.

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your rig as much as I do mine.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would also add... be sure that the shortcut you are clicking is directing you to the new program rather than the old version.  In order to reduce the possibility of confusion, some operators uninstall the previous version of SmartSDR before installing the new version.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    All sorted thanks very much everyone.tony

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.