Hi,have received my new 6500 today but the software version is v 1.2.17.65 even after update what am I doing wrong.thanks everyone

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 297 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of DK1EY

DK1EY

• 177 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hi Tony,

obviously, you are clicking on the old version of SSDR.

Try this path: Windows/Programmes/FlexRadio Systems/SmartSDR v1.3.0/

I hope, I could help you. 

Vy73
Tom
DK1EY
(Edited)
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 297 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
When I installed radio it showed update and I clicked on it and that's what it has installed
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1561 Posts
  • 552 Reply Likes
Have you downloaded the latest version from the Flex site? Place the distribution on your desktop, or somewhere there is no chance of accidentally clicking on the wrong distribution.

While not strictly necessary, sometimes it's good to do a "fresh start." Shut down your radio and remove power (actually disconnect from the power supply). While the radio is inert, uninstall all Flex applications from your PC. This includes CAT and DAX.

Go to your Windows Control Panel and check the Device Manager - view "hidden devices" and make sure all CAT-created ports and DAX created devices are gone. Reboot. Check again. Reboot again.

Reconnect power to your radio.

Install SSDR per the installation directions. Follow each step explicitly.

That should get you going.

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your rig as much as I do mine.

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3971 Posts
  • 1226 Reply Likes
I would also add... be sure that the shortcut you are clicking is directing you to the new program rather than the old version.  In order to reduce the possibility of confusion, some operators uninstall the previous version of SmartSDR before installing the new version.
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 297 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
All sorted thanks very much everyone.tony