Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hi Does Some One Have The File For Smart SDR Meter From Wood Box Radio , ,Please Send To ka1wer@hotm

Paul
Paul Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi Does Some One Have The File For Smart SDR Meter From Wood Box Radio , AS There Web Site Is No More , Or Has Been Down For At Least 3 WEEKS ,Please Send To ka1wer@hotmail.com Thank You Very Much , Paul 73s

Answers

• Mike - ZL1MRC
    Mike - ZL1MRC Member
    edited January 2019
    I would also like a copy as well.
    Mike
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Just go to woodboxradio.com and find the app and download and install it. His site gives details
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I sent it to you as a zip file as downloaded. No idea what happened to their website.
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I will send it to your email
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Here is a Link to my Public Dropbox with SmartSDR S-Meter V1.6

http://bit.ly/2n9EoT2

• Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Howard Dropbox does not like The transfer. Send email to KC9RF@arrl.net
  • wb3fsr
    wb3fsr Member
    edited March 2017
    Howard,

I have an older version of SmartSDR S-Meter...

Would u kindly forward ur newer version please.

wb3fsr@comcast.net or shoretrain@gmail.com

Tnx

PeterV WB3FSR Jersey Shore
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    do you have smart smeter V1.6 ?
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    send me this file to va2jn@outlook.com
  • Robert - KV4JO
    Robert - KV4JO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Can Ross, Bob, or Howard please send me the meter file.  I did not know that it was available.  Much appreciated.  My email is robert_paluf@hotmail.com  Or post on Dropbox if that is easier to share.

Bob, KV4JO
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    i have version 1.0 the name is Smart smeter plus but i dont have v1.6 if you have please send me zip file at va2jn@outllok.com

73'
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

AFIK - SMART SMETER PLUS IS 1.6 even though it reads V1.0

Try this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/223si9ks962n1av/Smart%20S-meter_V1.6.zip?dl=0

• Robert - KV4JO
    Robert - KV4JO Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    No problem with a download of this file.  Thanks Howard!
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

Sorry to re-open this thread... while I have set the CAT port to point to my Slice A, and the Smart S-meter follows the frequency displayed there on Slice A, I don't yet see how to get DAX audio into the program. How, exactly, is audio routed into the program? Not through CAT, surely??

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John, I don't think audio goes to the S-Meter program. I suspect that it uses the API to read meter info and display it. I am away from my radio at the moment, so I can't confirm that yet.

I will post back if I can figure it out.

• KD0RC

Hi John, I found the likely way the S-Meter works. There is a CAT command to read the S-Meter from the radio:

ZZSM Read the S-Meter

I have been doing all my homebrew stuff using the API, so that is how I tend to think...

In any event, it looks like all the info that the meter uses comes from CAT, not DAX or the API.

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for that insight Len! I'm guessing I just wasn't on a frequency with enough audio to move the meter. My noise floor seems to be about zero since I put up a new T3FD antenna from DipolesUSA (dot) com. I'll try it again. Since my frequency is tracked then I would expect the CAT command to read the S-Meter to also be working.

• KD0RC

I agree... I would expect the same thing. One thing you can do to verify that it is working is to look at the S-Meter in SmartSDR and see if the WoodBox S-Meter tracks it. If there are no strong signals around, you can even use the AM broadcast band to get a nice strong, steady carrier to compare with.

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭

John,

Best to set up a unique CAT com port for the S-meter, besure to start it ;) Here is an example of the meter in action on my YouTube replay of last Sunday's Flex Net on 14.329

Dudley

WA5QPZ

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

A good source for the meter app is http://www.craigwilliams.com in the Flex Radio section. Good down load for 6000 series and even for Power SDR. Just did the down load and set up CAT and it worked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.