Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help DAX suddenly not working

Options
Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I startup PC, I receive the error below.   It is for the first time and I can not imagine any particular reason of this - till yesterday I played with Fldigi without any problem.  I tried to reinstall SmartSDR 1.2.17 a few times, but it does not disappear. 
Any suggestions to fix this?   Or, better wait until 1.3.0....

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Another reason, ladies and gentlemen, we should all learn how to make an image of our hard drive.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    System restore can save this type of situation. Did you uninstall first and then reboot before the re-install?

The problem with the imaging solution, unless one does it frequently, depending on one's use, is that one could lose loads of data on a restore just to fix this software issue. I do back up myself, at least weekly, but that is for catastrophic failures and not for one piece of software having a hissy fit.

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have seen and dealt with this before.   The process to follow for a CLEAN removal is this.

Turn off the radio.  Unplug FlexControl.

Uninstall SSDR / DAX and CAT (again this is the process to clean a machine for a clean install)

Reboot the machine.

Run GhostBuster (info here http://www.thewindowsclub.com/a-ghostbuster-for-your-windows-7)

App here: http://ghostbuster.codeplex.com/

Look through all the devices in the list for the CAT and DAX / Flex Devices and click Remove Ghosts.

Reboot machine when you are done and then re-install SSDR/DAX as Admin.

This works - its repeatable (I've done it several times)

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thank you for the information.  I'll try it this weekend.
    By the way, can you guess why it happens?

73 de JI1BNU, JA2IYJ/1
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately, it did not help.  
    The error window comes up when my Flex6500 booted up and ready to access from SSDR. 
    Without turning on the Flex6500, no error comes up and there are no DAX in the Audio device window. 
    I am not sure when DAX (pipe?) being created, but my Laptop shows DAX in Audio device window when it is started without any connection to Flex6500.

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You still have some driver fragments that have not been removed. I can probably help you through this. I am out on a client site today, but when I get home I will write up some instructions to help you remove DAX completely so you can reinstall from scratch.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thank you for your help, very appreciated.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.