Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help - lost all transmit audio

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Operating today for several hours with nothing wrong.  At some point, I completely lost all transmit audio.  I've double checked all the settings, and nothing changed or is set wrong.  I've tried several mics on different mic inputs (MIC and BALANCED) with the same result.  Tried adjusting mic modulation, but get the same thing.  TX is selected on slice A.  AM and FM send a carrier, but no audio.  USB and LSB send no audio.  Different DAX settings change nothing.

Suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Barry Simpson
    Barry Simpson Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi David

I had that problem and then found that I had not got a microphone profile selected in Transmit.

Touch Transmit and look at the microphone selection at the bottom of the screen.

Barry  VK2BJ
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Have you shut the radio down, Unplugged the Power for 30 seconds or more ?
    If this doesn't do it you may have to do a HARD reset (look in the Manual for your Radio)

Hope this helps
    Bret
    WX7Y

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi David! Before you go too far I would reset the Flex. Jim Ka7gzr
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Restart Dax application for starters, Assuming you are using SSB or dig...
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks, guys, for all the suggestions.  It turned out to be (yet another) operator-caused problem.  I cleaned up my shack wiring yesterday.  The balanced audio input jack was not plugged fully into the socket, by only about .5 mm or less.  That, obviously, shorted something out (even though balanced audio input was not selected).  When pushed in that tiny little bit, everything worked again.

Now, back to restoring the profile, memories, etc. (what a PITA).

I have an unrelated question.  When I create panadapters on SSDR, I cannot destroy them from SSDR.  I can only destroy them by going to the radio front panel, then going back to SSDR.  I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what.

Thanks, again, for all the help.  It's really appreciated.

73 - David
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    On my 6300 running 2.1.33 (which should be the same with your SSDR), note the grey bar at the very top of the panadapter.  You will see a very small "X" at the far right end of that bar (top right corner of the panadapter).  Click on it to **** the panadapter.  You will also see the minimize and detach (move panadapter) items there as well.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That doesn't do anything on mine, also 2.1.33.  I tried clicking, double clicking, and right clicking.  I tried all 3 when the slice was running and after stopping the slice.

It seems there should be a way....
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This is my panadapter 2 window, with no slice running.  Note there is no X on the title bar.  It is the same with or without an open panadapter.  ?????????

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I just figured it out.  The close and minimize icons appear only if the panadapter is in the main window.  If it is in a separate window, the above is what I get.

FRS - you should really make separate panadapter windows the same as the main window, i.e. have the close and minimize buttons.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.