Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HELP - FT8CALL setup

Options
Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
Looking to try the new FT8CALL mode.  So far I have not been able to get it to work with my 6300.  The 6300 is setup and works well on FT8 using WSJT-X and JTAlert.  Does anyone have any detailed instructions to setup FT8CALL? 
Al
W1JHU

Answers

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

Are you on the right frequencies?  They are recently changed and there is a new version of FT8CALL that was just released.

I have been using it successfully on a 6500 and the set up I use is the same as I have been using for JTDX and WSJT.  Under the Radio tab I have the following:

Rig:  Kenwood TS-2000
    Serial port:  Com9  (yours may be different)Data bits: Eight
    Stop bits: One
    Handshake: None
    DTR: Nothing
    RDS: Nothing
    PTT Method: CAT 
    Mode: None
    Split: None

Under the Audio Tab I have

Input: Dax Audio RX-3 (yours may be different
    Output: Dax Audio TX 

I can't guarantee this is the best way to configure things but it works for me.  I think I  found this set up for WSJT on a FLEX FAQ and it has worked for that, JTDX and now FT8CALL.

Let me know if you need moredifferent info.

73, Bob
    WK2Y'

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Al,

I have been using FT8Call successfully for over a week. I believe that my settings were the same as for WSJT-X and JTDX but if  you want to discuss it over the phone, give me a number to call in a private email. I run a 6700. My email in QRZ.com is ok.

Ed, K0KC
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You did notice that the program only runs for 10 days and then has to be re-downloaded to try to keep everyone up to date to changes.    This is their way to handle changes while still in Beta mode. 

Dudley
    WA5QPZ
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Rig and Audio Settings are the same as FT8.  Works a treat.  Just had a nice Q with 9L1YXJ in Sierra Leone.  Nice to be able to send free text. I'm using a 6500.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It has been 12 months, so here is a quick update. Name has changed toJS8Call and it is release version 1.1.0. ... I have been using it for a few days and is working well, minus my learning curve. Set up is the same as FT8, but you should use a different tcp port then FT8 if loaded. Still looking into set up of logging with Log4om.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.