Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help Configuring a RIGBlaster Blue to work with a 6600

Justin Smith
Justin Smith Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am trying to configure a newRIGBlaster Blue (West Mountain Radio) to work with my 6600. This process depends on a cable connection between the two devices and the proper setting of the jumper cables within the Blue. I have the correct cable but the manufacturer does not have any information about the correct placement of the jumper cables for a Flex Radio. I welcome any advice that will help me properly set the jumper cables for Flex Radio.
Thank You,
Justin W2ANN

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You do not need a RigBlaster with a Flex radio. All interfacing is done through SmartSDR CAT and DAX. CAT provides virtual Com ports and DAX provides audio connections. No cables, no RFI, it just works! There are lots of instructional postings here, and videos are available, too.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I suspect you will not find much information to interface this device with a Flex. It appears to be intended to provide a wired connection to CAT and Audio output on a (legacy) radio. Of course the Flex connection is wired also, but it is Ethernet wiring, not analogue audio or serial CAT (USB or not). It appears this device does not even have USB interface capabilities. Good luck in finding interfacing information - you will need to go analogue to the Flex in order to use it.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I would give back the Rigblaster as you will find the Flex DAX /CAT will provide better results deciding digital signals. The rigblaster is an A/D D/A device that introduces noise and distortion during its conversion process. While the Flex remains entirely in the digital domain. Typically this means a 3-6dB gain advantage over a Rigblaster. Further all those unnecessary cables are potential RF ingress /output sources.
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Absolutely correct.  The beauty of the Flex is that you need no cabling to set up digital communications; it is all done by CAT and DAX.
    de Roger W6VZV
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Absolutely correct.
    de Roger W6VZV
  • Justin Smith
    Justin Smith Member
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for so generously helping me with my question.  As much as I try to climb the mountain of amateur radio knowledge, I am humbled by how much taller of the mountain has gotten since I last looked. 
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Justin I am curious what program or programs are you trying to interface ? for instances Ham Radio Deluxe, FT8 etc

Doug K9CRT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.