Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil PR20

Options
Is anyone using a PR20 with the 6500. If so, what settings are you using

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I just got my 6500 this afternoon. I am using a Heil PR22UT, which is essentially the same cartridge with some handling noise reduction in the handle. I have been getting very good audio reports with the following: Balanced Input +20 dB = ON Mike level = 93 (adjusted to proper ALC level) COMP = ON (it is at 30, but I don't think the adjustment works right now) EQ settings: 63 = -10 125 = -7 250 = -4 500 = -2 1000 = +1 2000 = +4 4000 = +2 (doesn't really make much difference on this bandwidth) I have listened to myself and recorded my audio to examine it on my FLEX-1500 and the spectrum graph look very nice with my voice and these settings. Of course, your EQ and other settings will need to be adjusted to compliment your particular voice. Be very careful not to let your ALC go past -1 dB or you will begin to throw the DSP audio stage into clipping. SDR's can get bad very quickly if the audio stages are overdriven. Good luck and have fun. Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.