Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Sound PR 40 and Flex-6300

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
Anyone knows which one is the right adapter cable for this Mic?

CC-1-XLR-Y-BAL

or

CC-1-XLR K

First one is for Yaesu and is a Balanced cable.....2nd is Kenwood (same 8 pin Foster) but unbalanced

Thanks

George

Answers

• Ron
    Ron Member
    edited June 2020
    I use the Yaesu (yellow) one with the Pro40 and it works fine for me.

Ron K7EE
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, the FLEX 6000 front mike connector is wired like the Yaesu, not the Kenwood.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    But to get balanced audio you need to go in the back.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thank you very much for your advise Ronald and Ken....I going just right now to request it to be send to me......

73's
    hope find you on bands!!

George
    YV5WZ
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Flex 6300 doesn't have mike connector at the back...
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

The wire for connecting balanced mics is the cc-1-xlr-y-bal, the one with the orange sleeve. I use this wire with a PR781 and a 6300 Foster socket. Notice the y in the model number, for Yaesu. Also note that the hand mic that comes with the radio is a Yaesu. If the PR40 has the same XLR pin-out as the PR781, then I think the orange sleeve wire is the right one. Take a close look at the wires sold on the FRS and Heil Sound websites. 

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Dave!!...I saw Flex has it at on line store I will give a call to Tim on Monday 
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Yes the 6300 like the 3000 doesnot have balanced audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.