Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Sound Parametric Receive Audio System PRAS-PKG, any one try this with the 6600

Options
Brad
Brad Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am a far of Bob Heil and his products..    Than being said.  I think the "parametric" (tong in cheek!) Graphic Equalizer in the Flex is superior.  I am making an adaptor that controls the EQ via cat-commands to give the same functionality with the twist of a knob......I shal find out....:-)
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I think you'll get the same response from most.   Adding something external to a system which has better control internal (built-in graphic equalizers for both Receive and Transmit audio) and cost nothing extra does not seem to make sense.   
    Will it work?  Undoubtedly.  I would follow this up with the saying:  "That you can do a thing, does not mean you must or should do a thing."
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I agree, My concept is to have a simple knob that ratio-metrically adjusts the Graphic equalizer.   The idea is to turn the simple knob fully clockwise and then set the gain of each of the channels of eq for the farthest extreme of enhancement of voice audio ineligibility.  At that point i hit the "store" button on my device.  I can then turn the knob back to center-detent and the EQ will be flat.   In that way, on-the-fly I can give the knob a twist to "enhance" or the reverse "diminish" the voice audio.  I expect to be able to bring out a hard to understand voice or compensate for a station that uses to much DX- compression.     73 de N5PSM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.