Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Proset Plus adaptor for 6600M

Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I can't be the only one that is trying to connect their Heil Proset Plus headset to a Flex 6600M.  I asked Heil, but they haven't responded yet so I thought I would ask here.  Is there an adaptor available??  It would be crazy to have to cobble together a headset adaptor for the most advanced and capable radio available.

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I thought cobbling together was what ham radio was all about?
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Flex actually makes an adapter that works with the Heil AD-1-Y adapter. It’s kind of kludgy but it works. I tried it both with the ProSet-IC and the Pro 7. I can confirm that it works. 73 de Carl N8VZ
  • Jim-KB1ZNV
    Jim-KB1ZNV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    GARY, If your Heil headset has a 3.5 TS mono plug for the mic input like my Heil Proset, another person on the forum recommended the below item. You plug the mic jack into the black portion of the Y cable and plug the TRS male into the 3.5 mic input connector.  It works on my 6600M.  The receive portion of the cable I have terminates in a regular TRS stereo 3.5 jack that fits into the 6600M 1/8 phone connector. Don't know if this helps. It only costs 4.95 on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O5H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Jonathan W0JS
    Jonathan W0JS Member
    edited June 2019
    I own a ProSet Plus! With the two 3.5mm plugs. I am using the 6400M and plug it directly into the radio and turn the microphone bias option off.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ditto..

did the same with my Heil Proset...works fine with 6600M
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited March 2018
    Antennas sometimes for me.  I can build 4:1 baluns and Ugly baluns.  I crimp all of my N connectors though - not interested in PL-259's.  $5K radios ehhh - not so much.  The days of build your own are long past, except with Elecraft - sort of.
  • Stephan
    Stephan Member
    I know this is an old thread, However, I ran into a similar issue with 6400 connecting my Heil mic an ptt. Heil told me I needed to purchase the adaptors directly from Flex. Here are the part numbers.

PTT adaptor is RCA Plug to 1/4in (6.35mm) TS Mono Jack Adapter, Gold Plated
    ACC-TRS-RCA 1

Heil Mic - 3 Pin XLR to 1/8in (3.5mm) TRS for FLEX-6400(M)
    ACC-CX0076

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.