Heil proset adaptert for 6400M?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
Will there be an adapter for the Heil Proset Headset for use with the 6400M?
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Lou Dietrich

Lou Dietrich

• 53 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I see nothing for the Proset Headset. There is an adapter for the Microphone though.
Photo of Lou Dietrich

Lou Dietrich

• 53 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
What do you have on the end of your Proset now?....
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
a stereo 1/8" for audio, and an 1/8 inch MONO for mic connection. I have an adapter that fit my 6500, but connections are different on new rigs.
Photo of K3SF

K3SF

• 175 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
hey reggie

i am in the same boat...
what adapter did you order from amazon to change 1/8TS to 1/8" TRS??

Paul K3SF
Photo of Jay W5IB

Jay W5IB

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The adapter you are looking for is show on the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMM-261-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O5H/ref=pd_sim_23_8?_encoding=UT...

Use the black connector for the tip.

W5IB Jay
(Edited)
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Jay - thank you for the tip. I purchased your suggestion and using the black connector disconnects the ring as Tim said. (Hosa YMM-261 3.5 mm TRS to Dual 3.5 mm TSF Stereo Breakout Cable). 
Photo of Jay W5IB

Jay W5IB

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
GREAT !!! Love it when a plan works.

Jay W5IB
Photo of bahillen

bahillen

• 46 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
The adapter you are looking at does not have the ring floating. The manual shows the connections because of the balanced input. It sees strange to me the the microphone shield is floating. It seems it could pick up RF or Hum?? Looks to me like you have to make your own adapter.

Tim, is the sleeve floating or the ring?? A mono plug will short the ring and sleeve it seems. Without chopping off the Heil connector and looking it is hard to guess. My mike has a mono 3.5mm connector. 

Bill W9JJB
Photo of Stephen Hawkins NG0G

Stephen Hawkins NG0G

• 74 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Solved.  Found a Ben Franklin store  45 miles away in Eagle Grove Iowa that has a very rare, tiny Radio Shack area inside their store. Bought a 1/8th inch mono chassis mount ear phone jack.  Came home wired the two wires from the Heil Proset HC-6 to the tip and ring of stereo ear phone plug.  Cutting the holes in the top and bottom of the old pill container without breaking it took longer then soldering it up.  Gas to drive over and back cost more then the homemade adapter.  
Photo of Jay W5IB

Jay W5IB

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I plugged my Heil ProSet Plus headset directly into the 3.5mm jack, turned off bias and it works without an adapter.

Jay
W5IB
Photo of Stephen Hawkins NG0G

Stephen Hawkins NG0G

• 74 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I just wired mine, using the adapter I made, to exactly how the diagram in the FlexRadio 6400M, manual shows.  And it works.  I called Heil and was told I needed an adapter to go with a Flex adapter.  ???And adapter for an adapter??? WTFO!!! I made my own and it appears to work well.